How well do you understand the online opportunities as a small business owner?
Today, our online experience is so much more than just checking emails. From talking to friends and family to doing the weekly food shop, discovering new holiday destinations and researching things to do locally, the online world is very much a part of our daily lives.
As the time we spend online increases, so do the digital opportunities available. The online experience is constantly evolving thanks to content creators, businesses and app developers who are able to find new and innovative ways to help us shop, learn, and connect.
So, if you own a business, going digital and learning how you can take advantage of online opportunities is a great way to starting thinking digital and get online.
But with so many digital marketing options like websites, social media, online advertising and email marketing, how do you know where to start?.
Where do you start?
Well, it’s not about where you start but WHEN do you shift to digital. With the way we connect, interact and shop online using our phones, tablets and devices, if people cannot find you online, how can your customers buy from you?. So, it’s time to invest in getting your business online and get found by the people, your customers, who are looking to buy your products or services.
What is the online opportunity?
Let’s learn the online phenomenon and understand the following:
How many people are online worldwide?
More than 3 billion people are now using the Internet, according to the United Nations agency that oversees international communications.
How are they spending their time online?
- 22% on Social Networking
- 21% on Searches
- 20% on Reading Content
- 19% on Emails / Communication
- 13% on Multi media sites
- 5% on Shopping
How can your business benefit from engaging digital consumers?
- An online presence means your business can be found when your customers are searching online.
- You can share vital information about your business like Who you are, What you do, What you sell, What you offer and How people can get in touch with you. It’s like having a 24 / 7 brochure displayed every single day, and accessible by everyone online.
- It is cost effective and time efficient to be online. It saves you from answering the frequently asked questions by your customers if the answers are published online available at anytime for customers to read.
- Being online means you get to learn a lot about your customers, their behaviours, their preferences and so on by the online data you get and this helps to measure which of your products are getting the most interest, where your customers are from and even which of your marketing campaigns are driving the strongest return on investment.