What are the benefits of a business blog? | Small Business Digital Marketing
An effective small business digital marketing strategy is to have fresh, new, useful and informative content published on a regular basis on your website so when people are searching for solutions to their problems online, your business blog stands out and it catches the attention of online searchers.
What is a blog?
A lot of small business owners don’t understand what a blog is, and why it’s an essential digital marketing strategy 101.
A blog is defined as:
A regularly updated website with posts written by an individual or a business, typically in a conversational style and focused on a specific subject. – Google
For example, say you’re looking for coding workshops for kids, and you type in ‘coding workshops kids’ in Google (see below).
What are the search results?
The search results page highlights all the web pages, articles or web content that contains the keywords ‘coding workshops kids’, and bingo, you are presented with many solutions to your search. You now have access to many different classes or workshops you can view to find a coding class suitable for your child.
The more you publish ‘useful and relevant’ easy to read articles such as blogs (online articles) the more reach and exposure your business can achieve 24/7.
What are the benefits of a business blog?
There are many benefits to a business blog, so let’s highlight them.
- Boost your business – grow your business’ online profile and reach
- Improve your reputation – be seen as the ‘subject matter expert’ in your chosen industry
- Educate new customers – become the ‘go to’ place for all questions or searches related to your industry
- Engage customers – regular posts helps to keep your business ‘on top of mind’ with new and existing customers
- Attract new customers – regular communication helps with Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), that it, it improves visibility of your business in online search (unpaid or organic) results.
- Grow brand & reach – online articles are easy to share with others so it helps to spread your brand or businesses reach and awareness to a wider network of people
So, it is a highly cost-effective way of getting your small business known and visible online. It is a fantastic way of communicating and getting your message out there to raise business awareness to gain exposure to a whole new network of people who are interested in your business, and in what you have to say!
What are you waiting for? Publish some helpful and easy to read bits and pieces about your business and how you help solve people’s problems.